1. First, we prepare the spinach for the baked salmon. Peel and halve the onion and cut it into rings. Finely chop the garlic. Fry the onion in a little olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and fry briefly.
2. Squeeze out the defrosted spinach and add it to the pan. Stir frequently and stew until slightly softer. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Allow to cool and then stir in the sour cream.
3. Preheat the oven to 175° C / 350° F while using circulating air. Cut the salmon fillet into 2 pieces and season with salt and pepper. Fry the salmon in a separate pan from both sides for 1 to 2 minutes. The inside of the salmon should remain raw, otherwise it will get too dry in the oven!
4. Put the fish into an oven-suitable pan. Spread a good layer of spinach over the salmon and then sprinkle with the cheese.
5. Bake the salmon for about 15 to 20 minutes until it is fully cooked, depending on its thickness.
6. For the side dish, briefly heat the remaining spinach again and serve both together.